Thursday, November 17, 2011

I Draw the Line at the Shoes...well, sort of

There is a whole cycling fashion out there that I was totally unaware of. I am pretty much a yoga 'fashion' person...I am most comfortable in yoga pants and loose tank tops (I refuse to succumb to the lululemon craze) but the cycling gear is very tight fitting! I must say that it is more comfortable and I'm getting used to it. I now have a long sleeved jersey with matching light weight jacket in hot pink with swirling Hawaiian type flowers. I never wear pink but now I actually have a whole outfit going...and it's sort of cool. I think it helps me ride better.

I did draw the line at shoes...cycling shoes, come on! Who wears velcro but toddlers? Well, but...then I saw a cute pair at Sports Basement and they DO serve a purpose...I bet I will ride better with them.

I'm also meeting other cyclists. I've been asked out to ride with some serious cyclists (I will pass until I have my new bike). The guys at the bike shop talk to me like I know what the heck I need in a bike and I understand the difference between a triple crank and compact (well, I do). I'm learning lingo and what cycling component does what. I told you. It is out of control. But this new world on my bike is amazing. As I fly across the Golden Gate, the sun setting, the headlands glowing and SF sparkling in the crispness of fall, it's this very feeling of freedom that gets my sore ass back on the bike each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment